Here's the finished Megatron and Lazerbeak painting that I've been
working on for the past week. I've felt more confident with using colour
and light with each painting, and I really enjoyed working on this one.
I had a very strong idea of what I wanted to do lighting wise with
this, so I only ended up doing one colour comp to really explore the
atmospheric lighting, before diving into the main painting. The great
thing about the comp process was, as ever, that all the 'questions' were
answered before the main painting started, so the rendering process was
a much quicker/more peaceful affair than it usually is.
I've got some WIP bits to post from this that I'll put up this week. In other news, Wacom have FINALLY dispatched my replacement Cintiq, which should be here tomorrow. Oh, and in official countdown mode to my first holiday in 3-4 years -- Off to Rhodes on Wednesday! Woohoo!
Labels: finished painting, G1, lazerbeak, megatron, Rhodes, transfomers, wacom