I've tried to stay away from posting WIP images of paintings, as I've found I tend to change a lot around towards the end of them (all part of the process and all that!) - but this one I can't help myself with. I finished painting the head on this mecha the other night, and have been itching to post it! I've been working on painting/render style and selective incorporation of lineart, as well as trying to apply some of the lighting and colour theory lessons I've learned so far. Charlene's off to Tanzania for the next couple of weeks doing some majorly cool archaeological work, so I'm going to crack on and get this finished in the next couple of days before jumping back into lessons, homework and more painting!
Incidentally, the lineart for this was done probably 18 months or so ago; I didn't really know what to do with it/how to paint it back then, so it's been really quite rewarding to be able to go back to an older piece and think 'Yeah! I can tackle this now!'
Oh, and on a completely UNRELATED note, I saw Pacific Rim last week and it was AAAAMAZING!
Labels: digital painting, mecha, Work In Progress